NM MINI MOTORING

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NM MINI MOTORING
NM MINI MOTORING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque

+5
yelrsub
metropolmodern
babybok
mininoir
mg
9 posters

Go down

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Empty looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque

Post by mg Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm

Are there any mechanics in Albuquerque who reliably work on Minis? Specifically, at the moment, I need to have my brake pads/rotors replaced. I would greatly appreciate recommendations. Thanks!

mg

Back to top Go down

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Empty Re: looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque

Post by mininoir Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 pm

I, too, am interested in finding independent mechanic(s) that can service MINIs. At this time, I'm looking for someone to perform an oil change in hopes of escaping the $124 service @ the dealership.

Last edited by mininoir on Wed May 05, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
mininoir
mininoir

Back to top Go down

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Empty Oil Change

Post by babybok Fri May 07, 2010 3:03 pm

The oil change is not that tough. I have mine done @ the Leonard Tire at Menaul & Eubank. It helps to call ahead as it takes a couple of hours for them to get the filter.
babybok
babybok

Back to top Go down

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Empty Re: looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque

Post by metropolmodern Fri May 14, 2010 5:29 pm

What about mods & body work, etc? The dealer never seems to be able to mod my mini other than minor body work. looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Suspect I got a Moss Mini catalog in the mail but some stuff I know I won't be able to do myself like installing new halo lights & finding graphic scuttles & mirror caps for a 2003. Any suggestions?
metropolmodern
metropolmodern

Back to top Go down

Post by yelrsub Fri May 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Please come to the Maintenance and Mod day on June 5 (there is a thread here). We'll have people to talk to about nearly anything you want to do to your car.

https://nmmini.forumotion.net/club-drives-f7/maintenance-and-mod-day-june-5-2010-t208.htm

-sub
yelrsub
yelrsub

Back to top Go down

Post by metropolmodern Mon May 17, 2010 3:13 pm

looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Icon_bounce Can't wait!
metropolmodern
metropolmodern

Back to top Go down

Post by Mac Fri May 28, 2010 3:14 pm

Hans Wittler told me they do MINI maintenance, and they were always good with my BMW. If it was me and needed maintenance I would go to them.
Mac
Mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeh Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I have been taking my Volvo to Independent Volvo for years and its a great shop.

They also work on Mini's You might want to give them a call as they have always had better parts and labor pricing than the dealer.

http://www.ivs.repair.bz/ or 247-9771
Jeh
Jeh

Back to top Go down

Post by metropolmodern Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm

So, my driver side window is acting up & will not go down & sometimes catches on the outside of the window trim. looking for a Mini mechanic in Albuquerque Icon_mad Has anyone run into problem? Is it an easy fix that I am not aware of or is it time to take my Mini into the mechanic? I can hear a click when I push the window control so I don't think it's the fuse but I guess that's where I should start. Thanks for your suggestions.
metropolmodern
metropolmodern

Back to top Go down

Post by yelrsub Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:49 am

I've never been into the door of the MINI, but it sounds as though it might have come out of a track or has otherwise misaligned. There is a book on the MINI which might prove helpful, although it only covers 2002-2006:
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/isbn/9780837615110/index.html

-sub
yelrsub
yelrsub

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMiniMe Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:41 am

I took my Mini to Independent Service on 3rd. I had my car parked downtown and they left a business card on my door for a free oil change.

I asked how much it normally costs and it was about $40 less than the dealer. Cant hurt to check them out.

MyMiniMe

Back to top Go down

Post by yelrsub Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:31 am

An oil change is pretty basic, so they'll probably do a good job. You need to make sure you are using proper oil filters and oil though. Cheap filters will do you no good and since you want your MINI to be its best for the long term, premium synthetic oil is the way to go.

-sub
yelrsub
yelrsub

Back to top Go down

Post by MyMiniMe Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:15 am

I did ask about that. They used Mahle (German) Filters and Castrol Synthetic oil as specified.

MyMiniMe

Back to top Go down

Post by habnero Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:40 pm

I've dealt with both Hans Wittler and the independant volvo place. They're both great service garages. Recently has Hans give me an estimate on a brake pad replacement and he checked the car out and told me they didn't need replacing but if I wanted they would do it. Told them I'll wait a while, but I'll be back. No charge to check them out.
habnero
habnero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down