NM MINI MOTORING

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NM MINI MOTORING
NM MINI MOTORING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am

Need your input!!!

4 posters

Go down

Need your input!!! Empty Need your input!!!

Post by minifaron Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I have heard about a few people who would like to have a MINI Mod Party. (a time and place where you can have aftermarket parts installed on your MINI by someone who knows MINI's) What would everyone like to see? Please let me know and I will see about setting it up.
Stephen Bauer of Speed Armor asked if the NM MINI Club Members would like to have a Dyno Party at his shop Speed Armor. Stephen and I can get this orginized for a Saturday afternoon if I have a minimum of ten people who want to Dyno Test a car. If we have a minimum of ten people, we can get two pulls for $40.00 per car. If you have ever looked into what it costs to get a Dyno test you will know just how inexpensive that is! Stephen has a great website check it out www.speedarmor.net
Not all of you know me all that well, but aside from MINI I have another hobby. I have built and ran Radio Controlled cars and trucks for about 26 years. I love to custom build off-road style trucks (Check out this RC Event I started with a friend not to long ago. http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164934 ) Tamiya makes a Radio Controlled, 1/10 scale, on road, front wheel drive Mini. I have one now and it is a blast to drive. They are not cheap to buy and you have to put it together yourself. But I think it would be a blast to start a NM MINI Club RC Car point series. I know that if I get a few people together I can get a group buy on a few kits. I even have a place that will let us set up a track in their parking lot on Sunday afternoons. We could run it like a autocross, or wheel to wheel. If this sounds like fun to you please let me know and I will be happy to set things up. It is less expensive then racing our daily drivers. HaHaHa
When I was in San Antonio I organized a few events. One that was very important to me was Drive Out Asthma with Kyndle and Dr K. It was a drive where we raised money to send asthmatic kids to a special camp that was set up just for them. We raised enough money to send six kids that wouldn't of been able to go without our efforts. My daughter helped alot because she does in fact have asthma, but thankfully she does not have the same problems here in Albuquerque that she did when we lived in San Antonio. With all that being said I am looking for another worthy charitable event. If you have something that you feel needs our support as a club PLEASE let me know. I will organize a drive that will raise money and get our club in the news and talked about all over New Mexico. Like I said please let me know I am eagerly waiting!
Well I have typed your eyes out so I will say goodbye for now but I look forward to reading your ideas. Feel free to send me an email, or what the heck... post it here in this thread! Lets get a move on, and have some FUN!!! cheers

Thanks,
Faron
NM MINI Vice President
minifaron
minifaron

Back to top Go down

Need your input!!! Empty great ideas

Post by drPhilGandini Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:07 pm

Apart from the other very worthy ideas you have, Faron (and which fit the NM Mini club well as they have always been involved in good deeds and community support), I can only second the idea of a Dyno Party. Members can read about the tuning party I went to last weekend in El Paso. With planning, and some people willing to wrench, people can do a baseline dyno run, then install a pulley, or a Cold Air Intake, then do another dyno run to see what impact it had. Those without pulleys will be amazed, and then get to feel the real impact when they drive home!!

drPhilGandini

Back to top Go down

Need your input!!! Empty Re: Need your input!!!

Post by inimini Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:11 pm

How about being able to log in right away at the home page? Very Happy
inimini
inimini

Back to top Go down

Need your input!!! Empty I am not sure how this pertains to anything in my thread.

Post by minifaron Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 pm

inimini wrote:How about being able to log in right away at the home page? Very Happy

I am not sure how this pertains to anything I talked about. affraid
minifaron
minifaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Gilboyto Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:55 am

I thought there was already a thread for this before?

I am down to help a few people since i have been in the car world since I started driving. Shoot too bad this isn't sooner I would love people to sit around and watch a turboback exhaust be installed on mine Very Happy

Gilboyto

Back to top Go down

Post by minifaron Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I have a guy at Spped Armor that will come talk to us if we would like I could make that happen at the next MINI Meet & Greet or something!

Anyon wanna see that?

Points Points
minifaron
minifaron

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum