NM MINI MOTORING

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NM MINI MOTORING
NM MINI MOTORING
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Tue May 14, 2019 8:57 am

Looking for a JCW intake airbox . . .

Go down

Looking for a JCW intake airbox . . . Empty Looking for a JCW intake airbox . . .

Post by Max Wed May 13, 2009 10:36 pm

After a talk with my favorite Mini tech guy, I have come to the conclusion I want a JCW airbox to do some mods on. Ultimately using that to replace what's left of my stock "S" airbox after the K&N CAI install. So if anyone has a JCW that replaced the stock airbox with a CAI (cold air intake) then I might want to buy your old one. Otherwise I'm going to start fabricating a better airbox to test some new ideas on.

My goal is dropping the intake air charge temp by lowering the temp and increasing the quantity of intake air currently supplied to the supercharger. The stock/K&N system just sucks up too much hot air from under the hood for my tastes.

Yes, I realize that driving the supercharger at 15% over is causing a good deal of heat at the supercharger. But I think there may be some gains by reducing the temp and increasing the quantity of the inbound air pre-supercharger.

Even if not it sounds like a fun project to work on. I'm all about the fun! Why else would I have a Mini!

-m-
Max
Max

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum